• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no antimation brower on android?

Sorry I corrected the spelling. You know how you see the weather radar loop? There is no loop it is still.

Android can't show animated GIF images, which is why you can't see animated radar in the browser. You should click the star for this issue on the Android developer site:

Issue 3422 - android - Animated GIF not working in browser - Project Hosting on Google Code

In the meantime, I suggest an app called "Rainy Days," which does animate the radar, and it loads it right over Google Maps. It's very cool.

Rainy Days - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0
I am using stock browser. Do you mean stock browser has no animation? Stock weather has no radar doesn't make any sense to me.

Android OS doesn't support animated GIF's which is what you are talking about. No Android based phone can, so its not a Eris specific problem. Someday Google may fix it, but for now, you'll have to use an app for animated radar. I personally like the Weather Channel app.

Also, for some reason, the animated radar works fine on one of local news channel websites, but I think they use some sort of Javascript trick to get it to just sequence the images, rather than it being animated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones