No apps open, forces to close on all of themSupport

1. JekDude

JekDude New Member

Hi, every time I attempt to open any app, including most pre-installed ones such as 'contacts' it comes up with the following message:

"This application X (process com.android.X) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

And it does it on all apps! The only item I can access is settings and my aftermarket task manager. I then decided to find the pre-built one in settings in case all of my memory was being used up for some unknown reason but i have around half of the RAM available. The internal storage is also full, but has been for weeks as I transfer everything to my SD card, which has nearly 500MB to go around.

I would normally just switch it off and on again, but this has happened multiple times over the past 15 months and every time i have done this, my home screen resets and takes me up to half an hour to redo :mad:. On this occasion I will do this, but can anyone help me from preventing this constant closing of apps or provide me with a solution for the future?

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. iamviveksri

iamviveksri Well-Known Member

can u plz tell what is checked / unchecked under 'developer options' in settings and if your android version
  3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

To be honest it is probably worth running an update/repair, just make sure you backup first with the likes of MyBackup from the Playstore:

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (UK)
    and install it on your PC.
    2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.
    Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.
    3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
    4. Phone Software Update.
    5. Start.
    6. Repair Phone
    7. Continue
    8. Accept data removal
    9. Next
    10. Wait for prepare
    11. Select Phone
    12. Follow the connection steps