No AT&T stores in my area knew what the Streak was.General

Last Updated:

1. XM_JDM

XM_JDM Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I called around over the weekend asking if any stores had the Streak for sale (this was before I found out that only Dell sold them) and I kid younnot, out of the 8 stores I called nobody had even heard of this phone. In fact one guy said that "there was no such thing". Lol. Goodness.

Advertisement
  2. aalupatti

aalupatti Member

Haahahahahah
    See how they are so fixed abt iphone

The only reason why this phone is not doing good in the market is because of att
    ( should say dell too as they are least bothered too )

3. XM_JDM

XM_JDM Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Streak today. Took it in to activate the SIM and they guys couldn't keep their hands off it.

4. aconrad86

aconrad86 Well-Known Member

I can't say I'm surprised that they didnt know about the Streak. I know when I worked at AT&T we didnt know to much about other phones that could be used on the network simply because thats not what we were paid to know about. We had to be able to sell the phones that we had in store so that we could sell activations, since we dont get a commission on the actual hardware. So it just wasnt practicle(i think i misspelled that) to know what was going on with phones that we couldnt get activations on

5. rocklobsta

rocklobsta Member

I took my streak out in the at&t store the other day... bad idea. Everyone who worked there and at least five customers all mobbed me and had to take a turn playing with it. Apparently it's a very interesting phone.

The manager said that at&t stores should be getting them late this month or early next month.

6. aconrad86

that would be awesome!! maybe then some decent cases will come out. thats honestly one of the biggest things holding me back right now. i really dont wanna spend this much on the phone without anything to protect it. I know dell has cases with it but i would still like the phone to look nice lol

7. rocklobsta

rocklobsta Member

I've found a couple of third party cases, but both used a magnet to keep it closed, and there is no way that wouldn't screw with the digital compass.

8. aconrad86

Where at? the only really decent third party case ive seen uses an adhesive and my hands shake to badly to use one of those

9. techrider62

techrider62 Well-Known Member

I've had cases with magnet and never had a problem with all my iphones and android phones

10. rocklobsta

rocklobsta Member

Did you ever use the gps or the magnetic compass? I got a small N35 magnet within tto feet of my streak and the compass simply went crazy. There's no way that's good for it.

I'll post up a link if I can find the cass. They weren't anything special though.

11. techrider62

Why would the streak be in a case if you were using it to navigate?

12. rocklobsta

rocklobsta Member

Why take it out? I mean, if I'm hiking or something, that would be when I need the case most.

I'm also not sure if it would eventually damage the compass.

I haven't been able to find the case so it doesn't really matter.

13. techrider62

[QUOTE
    I'm also not sure if it would eventually damage the compass[/QUOTE]

I would think that all gps enabled devices would come with a warning if that was so.

I order a custom case off ebay for my streak with magnet in the case