No Audio on Hero

Last Updated:

1. derekforeal

derekforeal New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I need some help... I just noticed that my HTC Hero has so audio whatsoever! The ringer is not working and neither is the media volume. I checked everything and everything is turned on and turned up but for some reason, it's just not working. I plugged in headphones and then I could hear it, but as soon as I removed them (and the headphone icon turned off) ...nothing! The vibrate works when somebody calls but the sound for any other applications, music, gps, etc.) does not. I don't think it has been dropped or anything like that .. and I only noticed that it was silent today but this may have been going on for awhile and I had just not noticed! I'd appreciate any suggestions! Thanks

Advertisement
  2. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

Dead loudspeaker, it seems. Send it in for repairs.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Before you return it, try plugging headphones in, turning the handset off then powering back on. Once it's booted up into the Home screen, unplug the 'phones and see if that fixes it. It's been known to work, honest!

4. Chappie

Chappie Well-Known Member

This happened to me I pulled the battery and put it back in and rebooted the phone, it all came back.