No audio with my video!!

Last Updated:

1. Lineman69

Lineman69 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just made a video with my motorola xt701. played it on the phone and computer it has no sound. Made another one with me screaming in the phone, still no sound. Do you have to have a mic plugged in to get sound when making a video or is there another issue??

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Please do a search, this has been answered MANY MANY times before.

Your computer doesnt have the right codec to play the file. You can analyze the video to see what codec you need, and install it. Or the easiest thing to do is play it with VLC Player (free download) or quicktime.

3. Lineman69

Lineman69 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

should you not get the sound when played on the phone at least

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yes you should, as long as you have it set to record audio with the video. Its a setting found in the camcorder's settings. If that doesnt work maybe you microphone is bad.

5. spaddock

spaddock New Member

i am having the same problem. i'm running android 2.2 on a nexus one. i did a factory reset and it didn't help.

how do i get to the camcorder settings? i hit menu button and there aren't any settings. i just see the onscreen menu mainly for video quality.

please help.

-shayne

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

In the camcorder, there should be a little tab on the left of the screen. tap that and it pulls out the settings.

7. spaddock

spaddock New Member

actually running 2.2.1

i see no tab that pulls out settings in the camcorder (go to camera, slide up to projector). i see little on screen icons for color effect, white balance, flash mode, and video quality, that's it.

My phone is a Nexus One.

??

-shayne

8. spaddock

spaddock New Member

Did they take the settings tab out in 2.2.1 ? I've seen that suggestion a few times and I've touched every bit of screen I can and I can't find it.

Really want to get sound back for my son's videos.

Thanks,
    Shayne

9. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I have no clue about your phone. In my phone there is a setting to record audio with video. I dont know how to get to your settings, hitting menu usually brings up settings.

there is no way to "get sound back". If the video's weren't recorded with sound, you cant get it back.

Also, if the video is short enough, post it to a file hosting site so I can check it out and see if the video itself is the problem.