No Back key on onscreen keyboard

Last Updated:

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If I need to correct a typo while using the onscreen keyboard how do you go back? The only way I have figured out how to do this is attempt to tap the screen where I want to place the cursor and hope it ends up where I want it. Is there a more precise way to do this other than sliding the other keyboard down and using that back key?

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean here? Depending on the virtual keyboard layout you're using, there ought to be a "backspace" key. For moving your cursor within the text, you could use the trackball (HTC models) or the 5-way (Samsung).

3. Chuck1906

I have a Droid and there is no back key to make the cursor go backwards on the touch keyboard. There is one on the slide out one.

4. geli7

geli7 Well-Known Member

There's a delete key on the right side, next to the "M".

5. Chuck1906

Yes i know that but if you just typed an email or a text message and you realized you got some typos, you are not going to want to delete everything you just typed. I back key that sends the cursor backwards would have been nice to have on the touch keyboard thats all.

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

To answer your question - on the Droid there is no way that I know of to move within text when you're using the on-screen keyboard besides touching the screen. Obviously if you use the physical you can use the D-Pad, but with the virtual keyboard you're stuck with trying to touch in the right place.

7. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Well I know on the Sprint Hero, the trackballs works real well if u want to go back in your text, I tend to tap the area where I need to make the correction and use the trackball for precision.

8. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I usually just tough the screen to move my cursor around (as said above). I really don't find it to be much trouble, though I must admit that from time to time I have to try 2 or 3 times to get the right spot...

9. rogerw6939

rogerw6939 New Member

Not having a back key on the latest keyboard is a JOKE - There are loads of symbols which are not needed - This is the only keyboard I know that does no have one - WAKE UP android What Possible reason have you for leaving it out !

monroeh likes this.