1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

No backlight PJ83100 need help identifying partsSupport

1. TWLarson

TWLarson Member

Hello, my HTC One XL (US version) has no backlight after screen protector install, some water got inside, the screen flickered and now you can only see it with a strong light shining on the screen at just the right angle. In an international forum, there is an image and instructions on what coils and inductor to change using parts from iPhones. My layout is different than the image they posted and I can't find anything similar for the US version. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I want to repair this myself, I am not interested in dealing with warranty/non warranty arguments with HTC.

Thank you in advance!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. TWLarson

TWLarson Member

I am looking for the coils and IC that control the backlight :)
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

No experience with the repair job myself, but ifixit normally has pretty good teardown and repair manuals. There's also repairs universe.

I'm sure we had a set of instructions on here too. Not sure what version for though. When I'm not mobile, I'll see what I can find. :)
  4. TWLarson

TWLarson Member

Thank you for the info, I checked out ifixit and they don't have my particular phone. Maybe the backlight circuitry is used in another HTC phone and I can cross reference...
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

repairsuniverse.com/

Anything there of use?
  6. TWLarson

TWLarson Member

Only how to replace the screen. I need a schematic :)
  7. TWLarson

TWLarson Member

Here is the motherboard... DSC08250 annotated.jpg