No book cover preview for compiled prc ebook in Kindle app.

1. EtrnLwanderer

EtrnLwanderer Member

I have the Kindle app on my Samsung EPIC and have a few ebooks on it from Amazon which show up perfectly fine with the thumbnail of the books displayed in the library.
    I have a lot of ebooks in lit format on my pc and for testing purposes, I converted one of them (War & Peace) to prc format using a combination of ConvertLit and BookDesigner and loaded the compiled prc file to the same kindle folder on my SD card. The book shows up perfectly fine on my Kindle app and am able to open it as well, with the exception that it does not generate a thumbnail image of the book cover, as the downloaded ebooks do.

I've noticed that there are 3 files that are seen for each ebook in Kindle. One is the prc file itself, the 2nd is a mbp file by the same file name and the 3rd file, in the covers subfolder of Kindle, is a file with no extension name at all but having the same file name as the other 2 files. Does anyone know what kind of file this 3rd file is and how is it compiled? I'm presuming this is the file that generates the cover image as well as metadata info for the respective ebook in the main Kindle folder.

I've tried using Calibre as well, but it doesnt convert LIT files to PRC but to other formats such as EPUB, that aren't readable by Kindle.

Any help on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated :)

Advertisement
    :