No bootloader??

1. HackADevice

HackADevice Well-Known Member

ok, so i went through the rooting guide and unlocked the bootloader the correct way with htcdev.com but, when i booted into bootloader mode it was just a fuzzy screen so i can't continue the process. Any help? (i can turn the phone on though).

Advertisement
    :
  2. HackADevice

I have the same issue, would be really nice to finally get the answer....
  3. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

I PMed or resident HTC expert because I've never seen this happen. Here's what he said:
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

just to correct my typo,
    adb reboot bootloader should take you to fastboot

if you guys have any questions about the above,or testing with the commands listed,just holler. :)
  5. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

I had this happen when I unlocked my bootloader. I just held the power button for the 10 seconds to reset it and everything was fine after that.

I had this happen a second time also as I had to ruu to fix a mess up. This time i just left phone alone and it eventually reset after a few minutes and once again all was well.
    CafeKampuchia likes this.
  6. HackADevice

It happened after I ran the unlock code.bin and I accepted the unlock boot loader screen
  7. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

Same here. Do you get same weird screen each time you try to enter bootloader? You may just let it sit for a few and see what happens. Mine reset after about 2 or 3 minutes and worked fine after that.