No calendar events and no Buzz on mapSupport

Last Updated:

1. xkalibur84

xkalibur84 Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 5, 2010
    I couldn't find a support thread for the G2 so I posted it here. Hopefully I'm not in the wrong spot. I've also tried searching for a resolution and couldn't find it. Anyway, I bought the G2 yesterday(located in San Diego) and during the set up process, everything synced with no problems. I added the Calendar widget to my homescreen and as usual, it displayed an upcoming event but when I clicked on it and went to the month view, there were no colored events displayed at all except for one event that was 2 weeks old and I entered manually(colored in blue). All the other events like holidays(light green), friends/family birthdays(red), and misc. events(like daylight savings time)(light green) don't show up.

As for Buzz, the icons don't show up when I open up the Google Maps app. I go to "Layers" and turn on the Buzz layer and all I get is "No Buzz in this map view. Try zooming out of panning around." I can zoom out all the way until I see the whole world or pan around as much as I like but no buzz icons appear at all. I have no problems posting a Buzz and when I do, my own Buzz icon appears but once I leave the map and come back, it's gone. I can click on the button on the bottom left corner of Maps that would take me to another window that displays all the Buzzes near the area but those Buzzes don't show up on the Map with their icons.

Things I've done:

1. Cleared cache
    2. Uninstalled and reinstalled updates for Maps(didn't see an option for Calendar)
    3. Signed in on a computer and messed around with settings for Calendar, Maps, and Buzz(just checked to see if things showed up)
    4. Factory reset
    5. Got the OTA this morning and still nothing

Any help or suggestions would be great. Hopefully, I didn't leave anything out. Thanks.