No Caller ID -> No Ringtone: Its simple but does the job

Last Updated:

1. alexdaloo

alexdaloo Guest

Pro: Its simple but does the job.
    Con: Looks crappy. Alpha version.

I wrote this app. I created it because I did not find any other app to do this. It will run in the background, so if you use a task killer put it on the exclude list.

I doesnt look pretty, it doesnt have flashy graphics or animations. It just works. Well, it tries to. The app is two days old and still buggy (vibrator wont mute). A current workaround is to disable vibrate in the ring settings and enable vibrate in my app. But this will be available in 1.30 or later, I am heavily testing this before publishing.

Tell me if you like it! Please report bugs and your wishlist. How else can I improve it..

Cheers

Alex

Advertisement
  2. jjaakk

jjaakk Active Member

Hmm, seems like a simple idea.

I have just written a query about how to set a ringtone for "no caller id" [http://androidforums.com/htc-desire...ge-ringtone-unknown-callers-no-caller-id.html], because my HTC Desire is currently using the "notification" tone as a ring tone, when I receive calls with no caller id.

So, perhaps you can add in an option to specify a ringtone for "no caller id" calls, as well as making it silent.

Thanks.
  3. judge_droid

judge_droid Active Member

Anyone have an app that does this yet?

Tried an app called Group Ringtones, provides sort of a workaround, but still not what I want. Want the same thing jjaakk was asking for.

Also tried saving a contact for Unknown and Anonymous, with no ph#, and assign ringtone, but that didn't work either.

Kind of surprised this isn't built in, or there isn't already a popular app for this, or maybe I'm overlooking it. Seems like a step backwards in this particular area (small price to pay I guess, considering all the good).