• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No chance to go further installing Motorola G phone.

Dear people,

I bought a new Motorola G. I did activate my sim card. My WiFi connection is great, but I didn't see flash up the button 'next', only the button 'back', no button to go forward. I can't go to the Google page where I can activate the whole phone. I must go back and all happens again. No possibility to go any further. What can I do?

It's been a while since I've set up a new stock Android device, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. Is that just the screen where you choose which network to connect to and enter the appropriate credentials? I *believe* it should automatically advance to the next stage once it verifies a good internet connection.

Since you say that you've activated the SIM, have you tried disabling wifi or skipping that step?

Upvote 0
Codesplice, May be I did that. I tried a view things to let this phone work. When I have WiFi connection and the screen go black, I push the start button again and sometimes, after that, he gives a authentication problem. I must connect the WiFi again. By instance now, at this moment. He's asking, till now, a view times my password. When I have the start screen now way I connect. No mobile data.
Lollipop (on PC) also don't recognize phone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones