• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No 'CHECK NOW' button on Hero

jaseism

Oct 14, 2009
I am keen to upgrade to Android 2.1 but have no 'Check Now' button in the 'About Phone' menu. I am running Firmware 1.5 and Software v.1.0.0.A6288. How to I upgrade on my T-Mobile branded device? Is the best way to download the T-Mobile software direct from the HTC website?

Well.....I downloaded the update from the link in my earlier post. As soon as this was installed, I was prompted to install an update which was also successful. I then tried the software update which said that I was up-to-date (with V1.5). I found out through the T-mobile forum that they had taken the 2.1 OTA update down temporarily, however, at lunchtime today, the update was up again and I now have 2.1 installed problem free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones