No complaints! Likin' my FroYo so far

Last Updated:

1. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got my 2.2 this morning at work so haven't had a lot of time to play but me likey.

* HANDS FREE! I've been waiting for this one and am very, very happy it's here. I had installed Voice Dialer HF and was thinking I would be sorry to see it (and my $4) go. Well, it's not going anywhere and just got more valuable. I set the default for BT dialing as 2.2/dialer and attempted to make a call...it got it wrong and happily dialed away. Hung up. Reset default to VDHF and now have the nice lady asking me if she heard me right and waiting for my confirmation. Ah, the best of both worlds!

* .gif Yup, it's a welcome addition. I use both Rainy Days and Radar Now but really like Wunderground's animated radar. Well now I can use Wunderground!! There are storms rolling in right now and I can see them :)

OK, so I'm easily placated, but those 2 things really do make me happy. Also, I had my alarm clock set as a shortcut and it's still there and works, I don't have to hunt through the clock to set an alarm. I use Curvefish's ringer/silent mode toggle so don't care that the volume rocker doesn't work to silence (although I do agree it was a stupid thing to get rid of). So far, in my very limited use, I like my frozen yogurt dessert dish.

Just thought I'd start a positive thread :D

Advertisement
    LZeitgeist likes this.
  2. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Well-Known Member

I may have to try the VDHF in the method you mentioned...the lack of verbal confirmation before dialing makes the stock BT voice dialer pretty useless to me, as it seems to have a hard time understanding me the first time.

3. Clementine_3

Hmm, I just made a discovery about VDHF and 2.2. The phone's display has to be on in order for it to work. It's not a big deal for me because I have the car dock, just an oddity.
    It's still being worked on for 2.2 according the their site:

• Included initial Bluetooth activation support for Android 2.2 (more to follow)
    Hopefully it will be fully integrated soon. I'm going to send an email to see what "more to follow" may mean.

4. Clementine_3

In case anyone cares, VDHF is going to be updated according to the response I got:

You are exactly correct. Our recent VDHF update only laid the groundwork for Android 2.2 Bluetooth functionality. We will shortly release a beta with full functionality.

The current version of VDHF may be started with the Bluetooth button, but has the following limitations:

• Will not start if the phone is locked.
    • Uses the phone's speakerphone for the "which number" conversation, then switches to Bluetooth for the call.

And I also really like the dock alarm clock...no more turning the display off at night, it no longer functions as a high beam headlight.