NO connection to internet when connected to wifi?General

Last Updated:

1. bmwhartgeM3

bmwhartgeM3 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have 3bars of service for wifi strengh and when I try to go to the market place, or even the internet, I cant connect? I've tried switching with mobile data on and off and same thing happens. I have no problem getting on line with digital coverage tho.

Advertisement
  2. graphitedv

graphitedv Well-Known Member

Sounds like the router may be the issue. Delete the connection and try to add it again.

3. smacky

smacky Banned

Do you own a Hartge M3 or is it your dream car or something?

4. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Yes, you should be able to connect to the internet - something is wrong (assuming that the wireless router itself is correctly configured and is itself "connected to the internet")

This may be a bit of a long shot, but I'll throw it out there because the router in question is very common:

If you are using a Linksys WRT54G router with older firmware, and you have it configured for WPA PSK(AES), your Eris will give exactly the symptoms you describe: it can connect to the router, but nothing more.

See this Google bug report

I recently ran into this, and updating to the most recent release of firmware resolved the problem (Note: do not, under any circumstance, use Safari to apply firmware updates to Linksys routers - if you have a Mac, download and use Firefox for this, or read up on how to use "TFTP" on a Mac to do the same job.)

It is possible that this doesn't apply to you - you didn't supply any specific details of the setup which is giving you problems.

eu1