No contact names just numbers...?Support

Last Updated:

1. hasbrobot

hasbrobot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I Can't figure this out for the life of me....Why is t that I only have a few names at best that show up when I get a Message/call? I can't seem to find the pattern, any idea on how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. hasbrobot

Am I the only one having trouble getting named of contacts to show up when I get a text or a call?

3. ws450r

ws450r Member

This happened to me last week. Only showing the number, but not names of contacts. Showing up as unknown in call history. For some reason, when I called Verizon, they said the features that include caller id had been turned off. My sister also had it happen to her about the same time, and they just did a reprogram of her phone or something. Just call Verizon and explain your problem. My guess is the same thing is happening to you that happened to me.

4. hasbrobot

calling Verizon now regarding this issue thank you....

5. vtvette

vtvette New Member

Same issue here would love to know what you find.

6. hasbrobot

Verizon didn't help much, still doing it...

7. hasbrobot

Please let me know likewise if you figure it out thank you

8. eneri11

eneri11 New Member

I've got the same problem with my HTC wildfire S! But only with a few persons in my text inbox and it happened at once, first it said a name and then it said the number... I've tried everything, deleted the person and added again, restarted the phone and so on... When I delete other persons and add them again, the number in my textinbox changes to the name again, but for some contacts it doesn't work. I don't understand!

9. gta1216

gta1216 Active Member

not sure if this is the same problem. all of the sms that i receive would show the person's name except one person on my contact list. her number was tmo's but ported to att years ago. it was all working fine until i modified her name in contacts and all the sms (old and new, alike) would only show her number with a link instead of her name. i wonder if i delete her thread of sms would fix the problem.

strange is, i editted many other contacts' name on my sim contacts, and the sms would adjust the new name. just this person which doesn't.