1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General no cussing in ICS?

1. blackskydave

blackskydave New Member

So I have Ice Cream Sandwich on my droid4 and occasionally use the voice to text function to swear at my friends, make political or religious commentary and tell dirty jokes. Talked to Verizon and Motorola and it appears there is no box to uncheck to uncensor the voice to text feature as in earlier versions. What the f***? Are Google, Motorola and Verizon now the speech or etiquette police? Where are our godd*** rights of free speech. I think we outta protest and such. Is there a workaround for this problem? I call Bulls***! Ah,. f*** it. BTW, for the censor to replace letters a-holes ("*") doesn't prevent anyone from being able to know exactly what you are saying, it just becomes blunt and looses impact.

Advertisement
  2. madmax988

madmax988 Active Member

I haven't updated my d4 to ics yet, but my Droid 1 went back and forth on this almost every time it got an update. It seems like google maybe hasn't decided what curse words i'm allowed to say yet.
  3. Droidxxxxx

Droidxxxxx Well-Known Member

Mine understands my cuss words..all of them..lol
  4. bootherp

bootherp New Member

i have a droid 4 also with ics and i found out how to turn that shit off. go to settings, language & input, scroll down and tap voice search, then uncheck the "block offensive words" box. that should do it.
    Droidxxxxx likes this.
  5. red1951

red1951 Member

Thanks for the tip!