no data/ 3gSupport

Last Updated:

1. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All the sudden today i just lost my 3g data connection. I actually saw the airplane symbol for a min or two as well. I toon it to sprint and they couldnt get the data connection back thy tried some kind of "activation" which didnt work then they wanted to have the phone for a day which j cjldnt do today. Now i disabled the 3g on the phone and turned it back off and on again and it said it was runnjng the activation again but this time t ran through and i turned 3g back on and the arrows show up but they never flash but i am on the pjone now posting this.

Any ideas what could wrong? I fear that i will loose 3g again any minute.

Advertisement
  2. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

Something similar happened to me the other day as well. I could pick up 4G and WiFi, but if I turned those off I had no data at all, 3G or anything - even with full bars of phone service!

I also called Sprint - I think they must have done a similar thing as far as "activation" on my phone - I had to punch in some million-number code and click through a bunch of menus. Then off, then on, and it rebooted with an activation message. It started working again after a few minutes.

The Sprint tech said it was clearing my phone's memory or something.

I used to have a similar problem with my Blackberry and solved it by programming it to do a soft battery pull every night. I admit, I haven't been turning my Evo off at all, so maybe this means we need to do that once in awhile...

3. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

This happened to me but instead of losing 3g all together it was just really weak. I was basically roaming everywhere indoors and outside i could get a bar or maybe two of 3g. I tried every sort of update (prl, profile, firmware, etc) I could and even spent about 45 min on the phone with sprint. Finally did a hard reset and have not had a problem since.

4. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now just a few min ago i noticed my soft keys flasking on and off like they wre gojg with the arrojws for data. The screen was off... for a whkle. It was when i was getting out of the shower. I tried to time how often they were flashing but he time was all o er the place.