• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No data connection or LTE on CM12/Candy? Try this!

rsoberanis

Oct 7, 2014
When my phone starts I usually have a phone line signal, however my data is nowhere to be found. I did find a way around this (it could be a bit annoying if your phone resets as often as mine does)

1) Make a phone call (voicemail or test call are two I usually use) let the phone stay in call for 20-30 seconds
2) Open up the phone test menu (At the dialer type *#*#4636#*#*)
3) Go to phone information and turn the radio off then back on again

This has worked for me on every occasion that I have used it.

Good luck guys !

What about if I'm using ZV5 custom rom? I've tried everything that has been suggested and nothing. I even restored my stock backup, still no LTE and a very spotty 3g connection. I really have no clue what to do anymore. :/

Have you tried the auto activation?
Think its ##72786#
If that doesn't work, call your carrier and they can walk you through

Upvote 0
Have you tried the auto activation?
Think its ##72786#
If that doesn't work, call your carrier and they can walk you through
I tried that but nothing. I ended up going to the latest build of cm12 and did what the original op suggested and boom lte worked lol. Thanks for helping though :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones