NO data connectionSupport

Last Updated:

1. miltownsho

miltownsho Member This Topic's Starter

So here I am at work, 2:30 in the morning and my data connection quit working. The 3G icon has disappeared from the phone completely.

I double checked all setting, disabled anything that could interfere, soft and hard reset the phone, can't figure it out. Sprint is closed till 7.

Any ideas from anyone that might still be up?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Sounds like a provisioning issue. If rebooting didn't fix, you'll likely need sprints help. :(

3. miltownsho

That's what I figured, but I figured it was worth a shot seeing if anyone else had a similar situation.

4. miltownsho

Well almost 24 hour later and still no data connection.

Sprint is saying a tower is down... :mad:

5. miltownsho

Well I guessed right, no tower was down.

Just got off the phone with Sprint again, and they tried a few things but ended up doing a factory reset.

Back to square one... now that I finally had it set up nicely. :rolleyes:

It does work now though at least...

6. socalh2oskier

socalh2oskier New Member

Same problem here. Epic also randomly goes into Airplane Mode. Very frustating. Sprint and Samsung both deny that this is a known issue, even though there are dozens of posts of people complaining. I really like this phone, but it definitely has connection issues and is no good if you cannot rely on it connecting to both voice and data network.

7. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Are you in the Denver area by chance? I've been without a data connection since Wed. the 27th.

8. Aero1

Aero1 Well-Known Member

I just found out the specifics.

Here is what were were getting: about three weeks ago for two weeks we were having severe intermittent data connection issues on 3g in my major metro area on all three of our Epics and our Evo.

Last week everything but one of our epics returned, apparently, to normal.
    The third Epic never showed a 3g icon again for one week solid. I called Sprint and they suggested a full RTN (total reset). I balked and asked to be kicked up one support tier. The second tier said no full reset was needed, that some reprovsioning was done during the past few weeks but some Epics did no reprovsion properly. She sent me a reprovsion over the air with one otehr update, and it repaired the problem with our one Epic.

Conclusion: It is known issue. Do not do a full RTN. Call second tier and have them push updates and re-provision again (with a benign battery pull reset).