No data connectivity without WIFI?

Last Updated:

1. rolltrain

rolltrain Well-Known Member

Need some serious help. I had a Hero that I had rooted a long time ago. Loved the phone, but bought the Nexus s4g. The hero was lying in a drawer at home. The last ROM was AOSP 2.1 or something or other.
    I decided to give the phone to a friend the other day and went to put a fresh ROM on it. I started with Zero Hero RC1 ROM and it was a hog on my Hero. Would barely do anything it was so slow. Then I put Gingerbread Hero Deck and now I have Sense WildHeroc RC#.
    The problem I am having with all of these ROMS is that I can

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Does it have Sprint service? If it does, have you updated the radios, prl, data profile recently? This may help and if you're on an AOSP rom, I would recommend nandroiding, flashing a Sprint sense, updating the above, then nandroiding back to whatever rom your on
  3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Just to elaborate on what andygu3 said, if you are rocking a Sprint Samsung Nexus S 4G, then your Sprint HTC Hero cannot have service at the same time on the same line. If you called up Sprint and had your Sprint HTC Hero reactivated it should work though and I would just follow the instructions given above.

If you plan on using your Sprint HTC Hero as a Wi-Fi enabled Internet device, then any ROM should work just fine in that situation. I still use my Sprint HTC Hero for that purpose and it works great.
  4. rolltrain

rolltrain Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. The phone was activated under a different number. I gave it to a friend of mine. So there should be no conflict between the numbers.