No data during GPS

1. Fonske68

Fonske68 New Member

I think I have a settings problem.
    Begin December I switched carrier for my Hero. I went from T-mobile to Ben, which uses the T-mobile net. When I switch on the GPS receiver and start Google Nav or another GPS program, the data connection drops out. If I use a program without the GPS switched on, there is no problem. Right up until I switch on the GPS, then no more data connection.
    Is there anything wrong with my settings? Or could it be the carrier? I have an unlimited dataplan. Would a factory reset help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Odinos

Odinos Well-Known Member

GPS has nothing to do with your dataplan as far as i know. try googling the problem or wait for someone smarter than me to reply
    Fonske68 likes this.
  3. Fonske68

Fonske68 New Member

I know it has nothing to do with the dataplan, but maybe I get blocked for using a GPS program.
  4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Try turning off "Use wireless networks" in Settings/Location & security and see if that solves the issue.
  5. evankersen

evankersen New Member

Hi 'Fonske' - did you ever solve this issue? It has been playing on my phone (HTC Desire Z) since I upgraded the OS three months ago. (now running Android 2.3.3). Thanks for any ideas! Enno.