• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No data in 3G - Odd...Updated - KNOWN VZW Issue.

Ok, so I have been at home on my network extender and using wireless since I picked the phone up on release day, so I never noticed a problem until today when my Exchange wasn't syncing.

I was sitting in parking lot with full bars on 3G (no 4G in my area) and a -68dB signal... I had zero 3G data. I can make calls and such just fine, but no data. I pulled battery and checked.. same results. When I got home and back on my extender whihc is only 1X, I got data back. Wireless is off for sure.. so this is a weird new one.

I called VZW and they checked my account and all looks good.. but yeah, no data on 3G for me. :thinking:

Weird... I will update this as I find out more. I have to call them back on another phone so we can troubleshoot it. Funny, I have my Incredible here, but gave my battery to my girl before she went out of town... have to wait until my buddy gets here to call them back.

Ok, so I have been at home on my network extender and using wireless since I picked the phone up on release day, so I never noticed a problem until today when my Exchange wasn't syncing.

I was sitting in parking lot with full bars on 3G (no 4G in my area) and a -68dB signal... I had zero 3G data. I can make calls and such just fine, but no data. I pulled battery and checked.. same results. When I got home and back on my extender whihc is only 1X, I got data back. Wireless is off for sure.. so this is a weird new one.

I called VZW and they checked my account and all looks good.. but yeah, no data on 3G for me. :thinking:

Weird... I will update this as I find out more. I have to call them back on another phone so we can troubleshoot it. Funny, I have my Incredible here, but gave my battery to my girl before she went out of town... have to wait until my buddy gets here to call them back.

Take it to a Verizon Corp store for a look see.

Upvote 0
My buddy just showed up with my Ozone I had given him.. yanked the battery and juiced up my Incredible.. called VZW and after some time on the phone with the Thunderbolt specific folks, my rep came back to me with this:

Here in Pennsyltucky there are some problems currently with 3G data issues. Not only that.. they have a Thunderbolt specific issue open where there is flakey issues with a 4G device in 3G only markets.

They hope for a 72 hour timeframe to get it all resolved.. tickets were opened yesterday and they have folks workin on it.. they appologized up and down and I calmly sat there drinking a frosty beer and told them.. it's cool.. no biggie.. I am home and on wifi and my extender for the rest of weekend.. no loss of sleep here. They said if by Monday am it is not resolved.. call back.

So this is a glitch in the 4G network I am sure and is to be expected I guess. Later on I will txt my buddy who is in VZW network operations and see if he knows anything about it.

Thanks for the other replies, hope ya'll are loving your phone as much as I am.. have a great weekend !

Upvote 0
Oddly mine was stuck on 3G in the house.. and that is no way shape or form correct as I only have a 1X extender. Normally I will have full bars of 1X in the house.. and zero of 3G if there was no extender.

Could just be the phone flaking out because of the issues they are having.

I will have to go out in yard away from house and see if I have working 3G data or not.

Upvote 0
I have the issue today. I am in an area with only 3g. It was working fine for me since I got it until today it started not working. I called verizon headquarters from a different phone and talked to a tier 2 tech. He tried everything he could to troubleshoot my bolt. He said that I am not the first person with this problem and the tech's and HTC are looking into this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones