• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Data or MMS on phone after flashing to straight talk

SParker40

Jan 15, 2012
Bristol Tennessee
I have had my phone flashed to straight talk earlier this year and the guy that did it refuses to give me the steps to make my mms and data work again. I have flashed the rooted image file in the bootloader and every since I havent been able to get data or mms but everything else works. I can connect to wifi and use internet like that but the no mms is killing me since I need to be able to send pix often. Ive been looking for around a month now with no luck. I have helped people with this issue but have forgotten how since. Im pretty sure it had something to do with the messaging app itself ad was previously able to edit the connection settings within the app but now its all greyed out and I cant access them to make the changes. I do remember that the settings included something like http://vtext.com/servlets/mms or something like that. I just dont know how to get to the area to make the changes and dont know the correct mmsc settings. Any help is appreciated. Thanks and Merry Christmas

Thanks but I called them last night and spent two hours to find out that the guy who flashed it to ST used a donor phone and now I need to get a new phone cuz the towers are recognizing that my phone is not the lg2203 that he used as a donor to improperly flash to ST. If anyone knows a way to fix this Id be very appreciative. I am also up for the challenge if someone can lead me in the right direction to fixing this myself. The apn apps havent worked. That was mt first thought and none of them work cuz they say that my phone isnt a gsm phone. I was thinking bout trying a sim card and seeing what happens but I have never used one in this phone before and dont want nothing going wrong while I wait for this microphone for my galaxy phone. Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok. No luck on handcent neither. This problem is after having my phone flashed to straight talk by someone using a donor phone Im almost positive because at straight talk they told me they saw my phone as an lg 2203 and when I told them it was an evo design 4g they told me the towers might recognize that and they cant guarantee me any service at all. This phone previously had mms working but after a flash of the ph44 whatever zip the mms or any kind of data has not worked. Ive spent weeks now trying to find the solution to this problem. Any help or advice is appreciated

Upvote 0
I was on boostmobile first then a guy remotely flashed it for me and it had the same problem then but through straight talk having me call *22890 and some other numbers it got fixed. This time it wont take and the over the air programming says that it cannot be programmed. Last time they had me call *73 I think and thats the one that solved the problem. Its ok and yes everything but the internet and mms works as they should. Its only the mms and data that dont work. No help with *73 neither

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay so after hours of reading and tracking down this person through a certain form website I found out that this is the result of a bad flash. I don't know how that happened but I would sure appreciate any information and I'm flashing my phone again 2 straight talk. I have the equipment to do this if somebody can give me the instructions feel free to message me. I can't believe this guy charged me $40 and I also sent him to other customers and now he won't give me the time of day to help me get the MMS working on my phone. I believe I have enough experience to learn how to do this myself if somebody can point me in the right direction

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones