No data service after FroyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I updated to Froyo this morning. I noticed I wasn't getting any data service on my phone so I ran the *228 thing. Phone rebooted and problem was solved. Sort off. I turned the phone off at lunch 'cuz I wanted to see the awesome boot animation. When the phone turned back on, there was no data service. I've now found that if I do the *228 thing it fixes the problem, but only until I reboot again. I've gone into the wireless and network settings and Mobile Network is checked and stuck at turning on. Do I need to do a factory reset to fix this? I've got a back up with MyBackup Pro so it's not a huge deal if I do.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Just hit airplane mode on and then back off, that should reset the radio and allow data to connect again.

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Airplane mode turned on and shows as on. Now it's grayed out and won't let me turn it off.

Edit: I don't know if this helps anyone or not, but I've done more testing and it happens every other reboot. For example, if I have no data connection and reboot, data is restored. Reboot again, no data. Reboot after that, data is back. It's literally every other reboot and doesn't matter where I am in my office. Strangest thing.

Edit again: I tried the hard reset without wiping internal storage. Didn't work. Tried the hard reset where I did wipe the internal storage. Didn't work. Same behavior. Every other reboot, data is not available. Any ideas?