No data signal on Desire

Last Updated:

1. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Desire has started acting strangely today. Wifi works OK, phone signal works OK, what doesn't seem to work all of a sudden is the data signal. Any data signal, 3G, HDSPA or even GPRS - there is no icon in the notification bar and no access to the mobile internet.

I've tried:
    * rebooting my phone
    * turning APN and on again with and without Wifi
    * checking my APN settings (OK)
    * reinstalling the newest radio (one that ends in 20 - was working fine up to now)
    * reinstalling my version of 2.2 (Defrost 2.5a)
    * checking my carrier's site to see if there are any probs (Virgin Mobile)
    * Oh and I've travelled about 50 miles today on my commute from outside London to central London with no signal at any time so I assume it isn't a local antenna problem.

All to no avail. II first noticed it at 0700 this morning - so it has now been like this for nearly 12 hours. The icon and connection remains stubbornly off. If I wasn't getting wifi or signal I would be really worried, but the fact that I can fills me with hope that it is either a setting or user error.

Anyone got any ideas as what the problem or solution may be?

Advertisement
  2. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

you haven't got a wifi/internet switch running in the background have you? check on the settings/apps/manage apps screen to see whats running

Nodders likes this.
  3. Nodders

Hadn't thought of that but just tried it and no joy.

Guess I better also try a reinstall with full wipe.

4. Nodders

Right sorted it. I installed Tasker and APNDroid the other day to control APN/Wifi as I leave and come into home. When the problem kicked off I disabled Tasker thinking that had done it, but looking at APNDroid it was left in disabled state. Enabling that did the trick.

Funny as I checked my little Tasker settings using the test function and it worked OK. Guess it is either a polling bug or (more likely) my error.

Thanks for the help bonerp and sorry for wasting your time.