• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No data - UK Vodafone N1

hunta

Jan 20, 2010
My N1's been working perfectly since I bought it from Google in January... until today.

I have a good signal and can make / receive voice calls and texts. However, I'm not getting any data and no 3G / 2G etc. icon is showing on the bar next to the signal strength icon. I've tried going in and out of airplane mode, going to 2G only, rebooting, removing battery and reseating the SIM and SD cards.

Vodafone have confirmed there's no issue on their side (other Vodafone users nearby have aren't having problems) and have even swapped my SIM with no effect. I phoned the HTC help line (very quick and helpful BTW), who tried setting up a new manually defined APN. Nothing's worked.

Next step is to try a factory reset, but before I do, any suggestions? (This is under 2.1, ERE27.)

Thanks for the responses.

I decided not to upgrade manually to FroYo. I wanted to keep the number of variables as low as possible, plus if it was going to come down to sending the phone to HTC I didn't want any question marks at all over the warranty.

A factory reset cured the problem. Unfortunately though I didn't see justdoit's tip before I did it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones