No data while talking

1. Raging

Raging Active Member

I seem to have a problem with the Mytouch, either that or t-mobiles network, but whenever I'm talking on the phone I usually don't get data. No edge or 3G. It occurs mostly everytime I'm on the phone but 1:4 of the time I do have 3G while talking. Anyone knows why this happens?

Advertisement
  2. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Hmmm besides not having a strong enough signal for 3g but enough for voice. not really sure.
  3. Raging

Raging Active Member

It can't be, because I could be using 3G then I get a call and suddenly 3G dissapears.
  4. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Voice and data may not go out on the same bands for T-Mo. Data may be going 3G, but voice on "EDGE". My N900 sits on 3G while idle, and when I establish cellular data connection, the notification changes to 3.5G.

You may just be in an area where your getting signals from 2 different towers/antennae, and the phone is having trouble negotiating connections.
  5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

look at that i didnt know they could seperate the too
  6. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

haven't tried while not tethered to a laptop, but when tethered i've never had data and voice at same time

if i'm on the web and make a call, web browsing stops - it will not go to a new page