No date/time stamp on outgoing emails?Support

Last Updated:

1. Jabba954

Jabba954 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all - just joined as I have a random question. I have an HTC Evo, and whenever I send emails from the standard email program, they lack a date/time stamp. Any ideas how to correct that?

Thanks,

J

Advertisement
  2. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

On your end, or the recipient's?

Any date/time stamp would be in the email program of the user, and not usually appear in the email itself.

If you go to the Sent folder for your email and select one, it should list the date/time right under the subject. For the recipient, it would depend on their email program.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

unclear on what you are referring to...in the stock mail app mine all have a date on the left ...and when opening they show the date and time under the subject line. sent and received..both display date and time just yunder the subject line when open, and show date/time in list view on left

4. chidanaik

chidanaik New Member

I see same issue in Android 2.3.6. Email reply or fortward of Microsoft exchange outlook in Android do not carry date/time stamp in the email. It would be BIGGEST issues in android outlook email reply as receiver woudl not know when original email was arrived. This issue is not there in windows phone or iphone. But issue exists even in Androind 4.0 ICS. Is there any fix for this issue in android?

5. HeroTwin

HeroTwin New Member

Hello!

I am having a similar problem using Exchange ActiveSync on the stock app, but only when viewing sent mails in Outlook 2013. If open my account on Outlook.com, the timestamps appear just fine...

What kind of accounts are you experiencing this with?