• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Delete option in 'Videos'

o0timbo0o

Lurker
Jan 31, 2012
I have an issue whereas I subscribed to an RSS feed to download some youtube stuff which could be played from the 'videos' folder.

I have deleted the videos from the RSS feed and from the phone but the links to the videos still appear in 'Videos. '.

There is no option to delete (3 dots top right of screen) and no long presses work.

I have read another post forum which says to download the ES File explorer and use that to clean up the links but because i'm new to this Android malarky have no idea where to go to delete these shortcuts.

Pointers greatly appreciated :)

not exactly a fix .. but seems that you need to reboot the phone after videos were deleted to remove the thumbnails/shortcuts.

I'm beginning to think that this device should be called the Microsoft Galaxy Phone !

some people REALLY don't understand the meaning of a "nexus" branded phone.

In exchange for getting the latest and greatest, we're supposed to understand not everything will be perfect, there will be bugs and/or features left out. But there's hope! We get patches faster then anyone else also :)

Upvote 0
Not going to argue with you as you clearly are balls deep in the android OS and know the ins and out and what to put up with and what not.

I'm from a fresh outside perspective and was on the understanding that 'Nexus' was Flagship model?! You know the best that they can do given the current technology , this being my first android based phone , within a couple of hours or so , I had identified a few annoyances , ones that you either had to buy an app to fix or live with. As with many of the smartphone OS's out there there are going to be things that annoy ( you can't please everyone all the time as the sayings go )
Some of these annoyances seem very very basic and surprised that they have not been fixed even into the 2nd official bug fix release.

On the flip side there are some really quite good things about the phone I like that work well and kudos to the developers that come up with the ideas and make them work

Upvote 0
I've been deleting my videos through the Gallery app, which includes your videos in it, and lets you long press to delete. I've never had a problem with videos still appearing in the video app after a delete.

This you can only delete via the gallary app not the video app. Or connect to ur computer and delete from there.

Lol i just discovered this myself, such a basic thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones