1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

No dictionary for default keyboard?Support

1. rockneo

rockneo Well-Known Member

How do I solve this?

Advertisement
  2. stef7

stef7 Well-Known Member

Yes. You use another keyboard.

Try one of these:
    a). TouchPal (comes with phone - long press in an input area and select your input method. that's how you change between multiple keyboards that are loaded)
    b). Swype Beta (Google Swype Beta - it's free)
    c). SwiftKey X (was once free on Amazon Appstore, now cheaper there then in the market)
    d). Gingerbread Keyboard (or Keyboard from Android 2.3)

I've tried (b) and (c) and like both very much.
  3. rockneo

rockneo Well-Known Member

I know how to switch everything, but thanks for covering the corners, I'm all rooted and custom recover-..ied lmao I like the stock keyboard, but i'll go for the gingerbread keyboard
  4. mundane24

mundane24 Well-Known Member

+1 on d). Gingerbread Keyboard
  5. intekmdma

intekmdma New Member

i forgot where I read it, but you can get the old keyboard file from another phone that has it (the person used their intercept) and swap the file over. I tried looking for it again, but couldn't find it. It's somewhere on the 3 major triumph forums

edit:

here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1205122
  6. novak921

novak921 Well-Known Member

You can go through the steps there and get the stock keyboard working but give Gingerbread keyboard a try. It's nearly the same but works and works well. I gave up on the stock as Gingerbread is very nice. I also use Swype

~Novak
  7. MarkMcCoskey

MarkMcCoskey Active Member

I downloaded the free GO Keyboard, which has a dictionary and spell check. It's mildly quirky, but works good for me.
  8. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

I personally like B the most, tried the others, but the one that works for me is B. that way you have dictionary, but if you want to type odd words/brand names, you just select the far left option in the word list, else usually it doesn't bug you about a different word. it learns as you go. I had mine long enough that i can commonly just hit the first 3 letters of a word and hit space.

Every person has their own keybhoards. I use to love swype, but personally for my own self, i found Touchpal faster due to predict.
  9. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

Agreed on this. Probably one of the best keyboards for Android.