• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No difference in battery life

crboone

Android Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2010
USA
I believe I can unequivocally say that I cannot get good battery life from my X with moderate usage. What I mean by "moderate" usage may mean something a little different than most. But I like to listen to music, browse the web, etc fairly regularly. However, using my BT headset, it doesn't appear that the music app really drains that much battery.

I am on 2.2, rooted, using SetCPU to reduce CPU usage at set intervals and my display is set to 30%. I also turn off my display frequently, and the timeout interval is set to 1 minute, 20 seconds with a widget (so that's the max length it stays on). I have GPS and Wifi turned off. However, I do have to keep background data on because I have email alerts pushed to my phone 24/7.

Today I have not listened to any music and hardly browsed the web at all. All I have done is worked on updating my home screens. I unplugged at 6:45am and was down to 30% battery by 3:15pm.

Any other suggestions to help improve battery life? I'm thinking extended battery, but at this rate, an extra 20% isn't going to help all that much for the money. I'll end up recharging by the end of the day anyway.

I don't have hard evidence to prove it, but when I bought my extended battery it really seemed to make a much bigger improvement on battery life than just 20%. I know you can't cheat physics, but for what ever reason it seemed to double my battery life at least. Perhaps I just had a really inept stock battery, I don't know, but I'm very satisfied with my extended battery to say the least. You should give it a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones