Support no droid voice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oceanlight, Nov 12, 2009.

1. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    USA
    very minor issue, but still bugs me. when i boot up my droid, i see the red eye-thing, but no "droooid" voice. any ideas? thanks!

Advertisement

2. ginigma

ginigma Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Is your volume setting too low? Or phone settings set for silence or vibrate only?

3. oceanlight

Nov 12, 2009
    USA
    hi ginigma,

volume is on, phone is not set for silence or vibrate only. :(

4. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Chico, Ca
    Sounds like you've changed your primary notification sound .. it just plays that.

5. oceanlight

Nov 12, 2009
    USA
    oh haha you are right, polymira. thanks all!

6. marvinrock

marvinrock Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    USMC
    is there anyway to still make it play the droid noise without that set as my primary notification?

7. mikem

mikem Active Member

Dec 5, 2009
    im no help on this one. Day one out of the box first boot up and no droid sound. i would have changed it anyway, but never happened for me.

8. Tas71

Tas71 Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Have the same issue. No "Droid" sound. Where do u change the settings for each notification. The dropdown menu for notifications just allows me to change all notifications not individually.

9. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    In the apps.

Also, if you want the "Droid" or any other notification to play when the phone comes on, you need to make sure you have selected that the SD cart notify when it mounts.

10. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

Oh... so you are really talking about the "prepping sd card" notification? I changed mine day one and always wondered why I never heard the "droid" notification on boot.

11. marvinrock

Nov 8, 2009
    USMC
    Needsdecaf - thanks for putting me on the right track - I'm not seeing an option for the "prepping sd card" notification. Where is that? I have the option - "SD card notifications", but it's just a checkbox, not an option to let me pick which one I want. Any ideas?

12. anjoga

anjoga Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NY

Check "SD card notifications" so it is on, then under the sounds/display section, choose "droid" for your notification tone.

13. marvinrock

Nov 8, 2009
    USMC
    Yeah, got all that. I have to settle with that sound for emails too, which i don't really want, but I'll find a way around that eventually too =D

14. anjoga

anjoga Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NY

Are you talking about the email app or gmail app? In the email app, open it up, hit menu, account settings, and under notifications you can change the ringtone for email.

15. marvinrock

Nov 8, 2009
    USMC
    Yup, just finished doing that. Now I have different notifications for my SD card and droid startup - and for my email - and for my texts - I'm a happy happy camper, not even had the droid for a week!

16. THier

THier New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Just had my Droid 1 replaced with a Droid 2,, D2 has no "Droid" ring tone,, can't find it on-line anywhere? anyone know where to find it?

Thanks,
    Tom