No edit User Dictionary option?

Last Updated:

1. rachdanon

rachdanon Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

First time poster here.

I do not have the option for "User Dictionary" when I press the settings key (button that looks like a gear at the bottom left of keyboard). I think its because of my location. I'm from Singapore and the keyboard that comes with it is a "CN Thai Keyboard". The settings button has a "abc" or "<chinese character>" below the "gear" symbol that toggles between chinese or english input when pressed. If held, some chinese input entry method options appear. No sight of an option to edit my user dictionary.

I want to edit the dictionary to remove wrongly spelled words I accidentally entered. I know the majority of you guys have another keyboard that came with your phone, and prob don't have this problem, but just wondering if someone from this forum might know..

Thanks for your time.

Advertisement
  2. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

is there no option at all for user dictionary? try: all progs> settings> language & keyboard> touch input

3. rachdanon

rachdanon Member This Topic's Starter

Yes there is no option. I've searched everywhere I think including that path you specified. The best part is the manual tells you how to find it, and the buttons lead to other menus when pressed. Apparently, it only plagues asian models. I found another person ranting about this for his asian model....:mad:

4. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

install another keyboard also, then you should be able use the other keyboard's user dictionary to edit the ones you wish