No email notifications?

Last Updated:

1. jessimo093

jessimo093 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a new Droid a few days ago because I was sick of my Blackberry. I set up my Yahoo email account, but I haven't been getting any notifications. I rebooted it and got a notification a few minutes later, but out of the 10 or so emails I've gotten in that account over the past two days, that's the only notification I've gotten even though I got several emails other than that one after I rebooted.

I have it set to check every 30 minutes but half the time when I go to the account, I have to refresh before I see any new emails, even ones that came hours before. I also have it set to show notifications in the status bar and vibrate when notified.

What can I do other than rebooting again to get email notifications? Should I look for a Yahoo app rather than using the stock email app? Should I just try to forward it all to my gmail account so it will actually work? I'm completely new to Android, and coming from a Blackberry, this email issue is really bugging me.

Advertisement
  2. droidlover91

droidlover91 Member

turn sync on. maybe that'll do it?

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Try these options and see for yourself. No solution is ever one-size-fits-all.

4. Ilphay

Ilphay Active Member

I synced my yahoo as well, but I had the exact opposite problem. The notifications would not stop! I ended up downloading the yahoo mail app and you can set how often it checks your email.