No email notificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. lorenz

lorenz Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not getting any notifications at all when emails arrive. I went into the email menu and set it vibrate and to use my own notification (using the ringtone extender app) and nothing. What am I missing? I get custom notifications for messaging but not email

Advertisement
  2. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

Is this email or the Gmail app? Or both?

Do you get anything in the notification bar?

3. lorenz

It appears that it is just my pop account, nothing in the notification bar but, I do receive email.

4. satinkzo

In the email app, do you have Email Notifications checked still after you set your ringtone and set vibrate?

5. lorenz

Yes, that's the strange part. Everything appears to be set the same for my pop account , gmail and messaging. The only one that doesn't work is my pop account and that's the one I use exclusively.

6. satinkzo

Hmm, that is odd. I just setup my hotmail account on the email app to test. I get notifications and audible alert. Maybe try deleting and recreating? You may have already done that.

You have notifications turned on in the OS settings correct? Eventhough the mail app is setting a custom one.

7. lorenz

yea, I pretty much looked at and re-did all the settings, deleted and re-established the email account, I'm at a loss. I just don't understand why the gmail notification and message notifiers work but this email account, that's setup exactly the same (at least from I can see), will not. Not even an icon in the task bar, although the mail does come in.

8. lorenz

OK, Don't ask me I can't tell you but, it just started working. No rhyme nor reason but, there it is. I guess I can rest now. Thanks for all your responses

9. satinkzo

Well, that's just odd, hope it continues to work for you.

10. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I have a new question, and just figured I'd add it to this thread.

I initially had the email notifications turned off, but now I've realized how much usefulness it can have. Anyways, now when I get the new email notification on the top bar, they are ALWAYS wrong about which email account received the message!

I only have three accounts linked to the default email app on my phone. And whenever I receive a notification that one account received mail... I click the notification, go to the inbox of that account, and find nothing... then go back and check the other two accounts, and find the new email in one or the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!