• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Email push since Froyo

chaucer498

Jun 21, 2010
Is anyone else experiencing a problem with email push since the update to Froyo? I have to manually check my emails not because not one of my email accounts is pushing anymore. I have checked in account and sync to verify that the sync is turned on. For some reason, I'm not getting my emails. This worked before and is longer functional. Anyone else having this issue? What should I do?

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with email push since the update to Froyo? I have to manually check my emails not because not one of my email accounts is pushing anymore. I have checked in account and sync to verify that the sync is turned on. For some reason, I'm not getting my emails. This worked before and is longer functional. Anyone else having this issue? What should I do?

Lol I just made a thread in troubleshooting section. I am also not getting email notifications and also logged into gmail website and not getting all my emails within the app either. I have two from yesterday that aren't even showing up in gmail app

Upvote 0
I just updated profile and PRL in the "settings">"system update" and I just got a notification on one of my emails for the first time since the update. Give that a shot and let me know if you notice a difference or if this email notif randomly came through.

I sent a test email to both of my accounts and only 1 came through the other hasn't come through yet but I'm still waiting.

Upvote 0
Now I'm really stumped! I removed my secondary gmail account so that I can re-add it because I could not get it to push or sync automatically and after re-adding the email account the option to "sync gmail" is no longer there. Now I only have the option to "sync contacts" can you no longer sync more than one gmail?

Upvote 0
The following above only solved my issue with pushing to my primary gmail account. My secondary email account is still not pushing at all. Even if I go into the account it will not sync automatically (it is set to) I have to manually hit refresh to get it to start syncing. My primary gmail is working normally.

Anyone know if this is a known issue with the last update?

Upvote 0
The following above only solved my issue with pushing to my primary gmail account. My secondary email account is still not pushing at all. Even if I go into the account it will not sync automatically (it is set to) I have to manually hit refresh to get it to start syncing. My primary gmail is working normally.

Anyone know if this is a known issue with the last update?

Google knows about the problem and they say that HTC knows about the problem too, but the Google representative "Ethan" last updated us on 8/10 and we have had no updates since then.

I asked them again for an update. By now, they should have figured out what the problem is and have a very good idea of how to solve it. If so, they should also have a very good idea of when they can have it fixed by.

I am surprised that an issue like this, with Gmail, made it past testing.

Upvote 0
Got mine working...still need to do more testing but wanted to post for you to try. First go into setting> account sync and make sure u have your gmails sync'd and auto sync on so when you reboot they sync up (first time I didn't have on of my emails sync and no matter what I did wouldn't push so think it need to be set in place beforehand). Now go into manage applications and select gmail. Under storage select clear data then hit ok. Go out and then back in to make sure it was cleared and then reboot. Let it reboot and load up fully (should sync by itself)

Mine is working after a few test emails after this. If for some reason it doesn't sync go into settings and do it manually

Upvote 0
Google knows about the problem and they say that HTC knows about the problem too, but the Google representative "Ethan" last updated us on 8/10 and we have had no updates since then.

I asked them again for an update. By now, they should have figured out what the problem is and have a very good idea of how to solve it. If so, they should also have a very good idea of when they can have it fixed by.

I am surprised that an issue like this, with Gmail, made it past testing.

Ah ok, at least they have identified that there is an issue. I knew something strange was going on. I agree, I'm surprised something like this got past testing with a company like Google. It may be an HTC specific issue though, who knows.

Hopefully, it gets fixed soon though. I hate having to manually check emails now, I'm spoiled with push notification.

Upvote 0
Got mine working...still need to do more testing but wanted to post for you to try. First go into setting> account sync and make sure u have your gmails sync'd and auto sync on so when you reboot they sync up (first time I didn't have on of my emails sync and no matter what I did wouldn't push so think it need to be set in place beforehand). Now go into manage applications and select gmail. Under storage select clear data then hit ok. Go out and then back in to make sure it was cleared and then reboot. Let it reboot and load up fully (should sync by itself)

Mine is working after a few test emails after this. If for some reason it doesn't sync go into settings and do it manually

You got yours working with the primary email address or with multiple accounts? I have my primary email address working now perfectly but I still can't get my secondary email addresses to push or sync properly.

Upvote 0
You got yours working with the primary email address or with multiple accounts? I have my primary email address working now perfectly but I still can't get my secondary email addresses to push or sync properly.

Both....i wasnt getting either. When I cleared data the first time I didn't have gmail sync checked on secondary and checked it after reboot but was only getting primary emails. When I made sure gmail sync and auto sync was checked before clearing data and rebooting it worked for both. Just sent 5 emails to each and its working

Upvote 0
Both....i wasnt getting either. When I cleared data the first time I didn't have gmail sync checked on secondary and checked it after reboot but was only getting primary emails. When I made sure gmail sync and auto sync was checked before clearing data and rebooting it worked for both. Just sent 5 emails to each and its working

I think I've seen this potential fix mentioned before. It might work for a few people, but for others, it only works for a few hours...maybe a day or two, then breaks again.

Hope yours works for longer.

Upvote 0
Ah ok, at least they have identified that there is an issue. I knew something strange was going on. I agree, I'm surprised something like this got past testing with a company like Google. It may be an HTC specific issue though, who knows.

Hopefully, it gets fixed soon though. I hate having to manually check emails now, I'm spoiled with push notification.

OK, so we're starting our 4th week after finding this Gmail push issue in Android 2.2. It is also the start of the 4th week that Google knows about it.

Is any surprised that we still don't have a fix delivered nor a date that it will be delivered?

This is an important feature for many users of Gmail and Android, two of Google's important services. I couldn't believe this wasn't identified prior to release, but now I really can't believe it takes more than 3 weeks to fix.

Being able to have confidence in a company to provide important services on a regular basis is important and this is beginning to shake my confidence.

Anybody else have any further information about when this will be fixed?

Sailguy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones