1. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just tried that.
    I got into recovery (Android system recovery <3e> ) alright. lol
    But all I got was 3 options;

"reboot system now"
    "wipe data/factory reset"
    "wipe cache partition"

...and "E:Cannot load volume /misc!" at the bottom.

So much for that. lol

Maybe this is just a soft root?
  2. J6Remy

J6Remy Well-Known Member

Well you have to be there to access fast boot, familiar with adb?
    also access it by using the adb command: adb reboot recovery
    you may
  3. Pappy62

Not that much really... I play with AC more these days
  4. Pappy62

Anyone have any progress today?
  5. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

6. blt24

blt24 Member

Sorry I didn't see that. :)
  7. J6Remy

J6Remy Well-Known Member

Trying to access fastboot still, been reading up, but nothing to note.
  8. Pappy62

Same here... I'll have to try other resources tomorrow.
  9. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

using adb from recovery didn't work?
  10. J6Remy

J6Remy Well-Known Member

Jumping into recovery with no problem, then I try to pull up fastboot devices and there are none listed.

Specific command in adb?
  11. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

I don't know any off hand, but check the Android open source project web site. There's a bunch troubleshooting stuff there that may help
  12. J6Remy

J6Remy Well-Known Member

That's where most of my reading has came from, lol. Once in recovery command "fastboot devices" so far that is the only information I've seen.
  13. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Fast boot and recovery are 2 totally different things. Fast boot is where you can flash images and stuff. Recovery is for ROMs and all that. The only interface you might get in stock recovery is adb. Fast boot devices only works when the device is in fast boot.

I can whip up a recovery but the problem lies I already broke one device. It wasn't my IMG. I really think the device has a SIG check on boot. And if it doesn't match it reboots
    J6Remy likes this.
  14. J6Remy

J6Remy Well-Known Member

Ohhh, ok. I get what you're saying. Can our bootloader be unlocked? Or do we need something like an engineering bootloader (S-OFF) to flash images using fastboot.
  15. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

With root you can use dd to write to boot partition or recovery. But if something goes wrong fastboot is really needed to fix it
  16. ibrickphones

ibrickphones Active Member

I have a boot image that I flashed from From rom toolbox. Working fine. I'm using superSU binary...not sure if that matters
  17. ibrickphones

Spoke too soon lol, Ive had to boot image for 3 days working fine, phone started to act funny so i used a reboot script to refresh the UI I now have a paperweight hardbricked Kyocera Hydro! lol...good thing I bought 2...Whats the possibilty of reviving a hard-brick? 0-None so unless you got a few extra buccs to play around id suggest not modifying your hydro until recovery is established. Im working on cooking one now.
  18. ibrickphones

also i played with the dalvik, and build.prop but everything was working great for about 3days, even after countless reboots and factory resets i felt like i was using a Over clock kernel ha! not sure if any of this helps, really just reporting my experience to the devs
  19. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Well i found it uses secure qcom boot. What that means is it uses hardware to check boot and recovery partitions. If it doesn't match it doesn't boot.

So 2nd init of some sort is needed just like moto devices. Prolly won't happen. Not enough capable dev interest.

I could be wrong but I'm about 75% sure this is how it is
  20. Pappy62

Well, how do we fix that? Where to ask for help, in your opinion?
    Surely there's someone who can help?
  21. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Not really sure. I'm not familiar with 2nd init stuff or the moto scene. I have been an HTC guy and always will be. Much easier over there. Lol
  22. ringostarr1

ringostarr1 Active Member

in other words a recovery wont happen?
  23. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

I didn't say that. You guys might be able to recruit someone knowledgeable about the SIG checking. That's not my department. Recoveries, kernels and cyanogenmod are my areas.
  24. Syringelos

Syringelos Member

thank you! Successful root. Only thing I had an issue with (really not a big deal) was it remove my wallpaper and set it to Boost's default out-of-box. Otherwise every worked great.