1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

no face unlockSupport

Last Updated:

1. mboer4

mboer4 New Member

Hi i have the galaxy tab 2 10.1 but no face unlock if I look in the security settings i can only find the other 5 security options like none and pin and the others but no face unlock

Advertisement
  2. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member

What version of ICS is the tablet running.

When i got mine it did not have the option either, however there was an update available, but i decided to go with Cyanogen Mod 9 which has face unlock.

TBH though after using it for a few days, the novelty wore off and it became more of an annoyance than anything.
  3. mboer4

mboer4 New Member

Thx. I have ics 4.0.3 and it says that there is no update avalable in the software update menu. Its just that i want to have the option avalable because the other people in my house like my tablet 2
  4. Romulous

Have you tried checking for any updates through Kies?
  5. mboer4

mboer4 New Member

What is kies
  6. TankKiller

TankKiller New Member

7. Romulous

If there is no Face unlock on 4.0.4 then i would say it is definately due to me running Cyanogen Mod 9 on my tab.

Codeworkx must have bundled this as part of the rom.
  8. mboer4

mboer4 New Member

I have cyanogenmod on my phone but i am scared that i might do something wrong on on my tab cause it looks more difficult and what is kies i still dont have faceunlock
  9. Romulous

If you have it on your phone already, then it's even easier installing it on your tablet.

You just have to ensure that you flash the correct version of CWM for your region.
  10. datastar

datastar New Member

I have it on my Galaxy S3 phone with ICS 4.0.4 and it works great. I updated my Galaxy Tab 10.1 to ICS 4.0.4 today an it is not available. Maybe it is not on the tablet.
  11. Romulous

There are quite a few apps appearing on the Play store which may be compatible with the Tab, especially if you are not intending on rooting your Tablet and installing a custom rom.