No facebook app on Kindle FireTips

Last Updated:

1. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

The "Facebook" Icon on the kindle fire only links you to the webpage.

Here is the official "Facebook for Android" app (attached).

1. Tap the notification bar and press More...(+)

2. Go to Device

3. Tap "Allow Installation of Applications" ON should now be highlighted in orange.

4. Go to the amazon store and type "AndroXplorer" install it...(Its free)

5. Connect USB to your kindle and drag and drop the attached APK to your kindle.

6. Open AndroXplorer choose "sdcard"

7. Find the apk and Install.

8. Enjoy ;)

Update: Its not perfect, may force close a couple times after reboot, but it works..

Update 2: Facebook Messenger is the com.facebook.orca-1.apk This also seems to work okay.

Attached Files:

2. Scottd9000

Scottd9000 Well-Known Member

I sideloaded it also. I am surprised that we didn't see a new Facebook and Netflix app today in the app store. Maybe it's only a matter of time.
  3. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Netflix is available on the amazon store also i just pulled facebook messenger off my phone and sideloaded it. its working well.

Updated OP with Facebook Messenger
  4. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

I never cared for the Facebook Android app anyway. It's bigger than it needs to be, and the functionality leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not a heaver user, though - I don't feel the need to broadcast every brain fart to the world at large.

Still, given its popularity, I'm surprised Amazon only included a bookmark rather than the app itself.
  5. Android14

Android14 Well-Known Member

There is an app called Seesmic and it has facebook and other social network built in. It works perfectly for me on facebook on the fire, just as good as the original facebook app and you don't need to sideloasd it, it is in the amazon store.
  6. MOPhiPsi

MOPhiPsi Member

Does anyone else get the error "there was a problem parsing this package" when they try to sideload this...
  7. Android14

Android14 Well-Known Member

I use easy installer to install most of the things i sideload. If you get that error, it might mean a bad download, try again.

Also, as I said try the Seesmic app, works great for facebook.