• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No facebook-integration in MILESTONE

Same problem...and I didn't even know it (was supposed to have) this function when I bought it. I saw the official video from the developers ( YouTube - Contacts (2.0)) and thought this feature was really cool. What a tease!
Please let me know if they ever release a newer version of facebook or if they fix this bug (it looks like a bug. Otherwise they wouldn't have put the Facebook icon in the New Account section of the Contacts settings...even more of a tease!!)

Upvote 0
Judging by the differences between the DROID and Milestone I'd say it's more to do with copyright/IP laws or some such that caused the changes. Another example would be pinch-zoom on Milestone but not on DROID, due to Apple's patents in the US.

But Facebook Integration is an android 2.0 feature. I think it was removed by one of the carriers who ordered a specific rom. Chances are thou its because the Milestone is not a google experience phone while the droid is

Upvote 0
But Facebook Integration is an android 2.0 feature. I think it was removed by one of the carriers who ordered a specific rom. Chances are thou its because the Milestone is not a google experience phone while the droid is

Why would Milestone not be a Google experience phone? It doesnt have a costume UI like SE, HTC or Acers phones...

Upvote 0
The HTC Hero allows you to link a contact to their facebook identity, which happens transparently, probably via email address matching. This is very nice and I cannot see why the Milestone would not support the same function. The only obvious difference between the phones is that Hero is Android 1.5, Milestone is 2.0. It looks like the Facebook app in Hero has been provided by HTC themselves. Is this just a simple lack of functionality rather than any licensing or commercial problem?

Upvote 0
Here is something I posted on another Forum, after someone on Alldroid pointed out that it works. The rapidshare link in the post is to the Facebook.apk from a Droid build with sync. It works on Milestones - I can confirm it, as I run it, and it gives full contact syncing. Basically, your Friends on Facebook show up in your Android contacts, and it does a fantastic job of merging them with existing contacts - it also syncs the photos. This is more or less what the BlackBerry Facebook app has done for a year, and what the latest iPhone Facebook app started doing about 3-4 days ago.

Facebook with Contact sync for Milestone - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones