No facebook syncing of contacts and landscape mode gone?General

1. shaddyyy

shaddyyy Well-Known Member

I've noticed in several reviews that you can't sync your facebook contacts on the galaxy nexus and also that landscape view is gone like in the home-screen for example. In the earlier reviews i saw when you tilted the screen on the home-screen it would auto rotate but i dont see that anymore.

Advertisement
  2. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I assume you can't sync fb as they need to make it ics compatible.

Home screen doesn't rotate for me (Although I did watch a video where it done it?!).
  3. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

You can't access the fb menu with the current version, and you can't see the facebook account in accounts & sync in the settings menu. Facebook syncs at the default period and there's no way to change it. Lets hope they fix it soon!

You can use a custom rom to rotate the screen, but yeah its disabled in the stock one.
  4. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you can if you use a dock tho, considering the video i've just watched? It had a rotated home screen.
  5. shaddyyy

shaddyyy Well-Known Member

Alright I guess they didn't make it facebook compatible as of now and only google+

when i did watch the earlier reviews the homescreen would rotate by default, idk why they changed it so it doesnt
  6. Citic07

Citic07 Active Member

I just saw the review where it switched to landscape mode. I loved it. I was wishing and hoping for the phone to do that. Now it might not :( Is the only way to get, landscape mode, to use a custom rom?
  7. ashrage

ashrage Member

Just got my Gnex yesterday, I have noticed I cannot add a Facebook account to sync contacts either.

Hopefully they get it up and running with ICS soon.
  8. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

9. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

are you guys new to the nexus line? this was not possible on the ns either.. Friencaster, takes care of all your FB syncing needs
    pattig144 likes this.
  10. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

New? Not according to my phone history no lol...

But i have been away for a while.

Right now i'd settle for a menu button...
  11. I hope they keep Facebook off of the device.
  12. dockmaster

dockmaster Well-Known Member

So does FB work without syncing say your Google contacts. I just want my current list of FB friends. I never sync fb with anything. Besides the sync thing, does fb work as advertised. I'm not going over to Google++, and I prefer not to have to use Friendcaster.
  13. alee0729

alee0729 Well-Known Member

14. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Yep, I can confirm that.
  15. ProficienT

ProficienT Member

coming from WP7 the facebook contact sync worked perfectly.

Is this ever going to be fixed by google or an outside app?
  16. MAF66

MAF66 Member

It won't be fixed as it's Google who have put the block on FB contacts synching with your phone.

Although the link refers to the Nexus S, it also applies to the Galaxy Nexus. The reason it doesn't apply to the Nexus One is because FB was pre-installed on that, but not on the NS or GN.

Shame!

(I'll post the relavant link, but can't do on my first post).
  17. ashrage

ashrage Member

18. kylecummins

kylecummins Well-Known Member

Seems it only goes into landscape when your youtubing, netflixin etc.
  19. sabesh

sabesh Well-Known Member

Notifications work on Friendcaster Pro. Using that until the Facebook issue is fixed.
  20. NecoD

NecoD Well-Known Member

Does Friendcaster sync contacts as well. I've used it.
  21. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

yes it does. scroll up