No factory reset in settings?!General

1. ahnoff

ahnoff Active Member

I went to do a factory reset on my TBolt after purchasing it, and lo and behold there is no settings option for "Erase Data" or whatever the factory hard reset is labeled. I ended up doing the battery pull-power-vol down hard reset, but I find it strange that HTC omitted this option.

It's normally listed under Settings--Privacy, but I only see two unrelated options there.

Advertisement
  2. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

I just saw this not 2 minutes ago...
    Menu->SD and phone storage
    ahnoff likes this.
  3. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

its under sd/phone storage... factory reset phone... same place it is on every htc phone that I know of... I just checked cause thats where it was on my incredible
    ahnoff likes this.
  4. ahnoff

ahnoff Active Member

Whoa bizarre that HTC would bother moving that around. Pardon my ignorance... except for a brief 3 weeks with an Evo I've always used Motorola's Android phones.

Thanks!
  5. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

This is actually my first sense phone other than trying sense roms that were not really meant for the device I put them on. :D

Since it's my first I am digging around in the bowels checking everything out and noticed it there, and I did think it was odd because as you pointed out.. its normally in privacy.