• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] No Fastboot or Permissions

lowridincrew

Lurker
May 13, 2013
This is what I get when trying to move files using Kindle Fire Utility 0.9.9 and I also get the same when using Linux.
After reading a bunch, It's basically not booting into fastboot mode at all. It's stuck in Normal (4000) mode. Last night while it was charging it booted to TWRP randomly but it only had a 2% charge so I couldn't load a rom quickly.

The fastboot drivers do not work in Windows and cannot be detected in windows when I used the special Fastboot USB. In Windows, it shows as unknown USB device.
If anybody can help me get these file paths and permissions working, I would greatly appreciate it.

Code:
Installing FireFireFire...
* Activating Fastboot (4002) *

failed to copy 'files\fbmode' to '/data/local/fbmode': No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /data/local/fbmode: No such file or directory
/system/bin/sh: /data/local/fbmode: not found

The kindle has been told to reboot in Fastboot Mode.

< waiting for device >

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones