• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] No FASTBOOT USB or ADB? It was available but now gone!

dkonkin

Lurker
Jun 12, 2010
Hi

Over the last couple months I have been searching and troubleshooting but still do not have an answer.

A couple months back I lost the ability to get FASTBOOT USB. After plugging in HTC One (m7ul) to Mac while in boot loader FASTBOOT would not change to FASTBOOT USB. Also, it is not recognized when doing ADB.

I have tried different cables and numerous other recommendations with no success.

Interestingly, when I connect my HTC One X (evita) using the same computer and cable it does go into FASTBOOT USB and I can access it via ADB. Which confirms the issue is in the HTC One.

Recently I tried to connect via USB with Android File Transfer but it did not see my HTC One. I downloaded HTC Sync Manager to my Mac and it does not see the HTC One.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thank you for your time,

David

The simplest. most likely problem (and the cheapest one to fix) would be a bad connection on the microUSB port. There are 4 active pins - 2 for power, 2 for data. If one of the data pins isn't making contact, no computer will see the phone. If you can see the data on the phone from the computer, that would eliminate that problem and point to a firmware or motherboard problem.

Upvote 0
Hadron and Rukbat

Thanks for the response. Confirms what I have been thinking. A couple days back I shot the USB port with pressurized air to see if cleaning the area would help. I thought I saw something blow out but it did not rectify the problem.
Now it is to the shop to have the USB port fixed.

Thanks again.

David

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones