No File explorer??

Last Updated:

1. Delta007bhd

Delta007bhd Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

1. Is there anything like a file explorer on the wildfire so that I can browse folders and files on my cell phone? Or do I need to connect it via usb to my computer each time and then select to connect in disk drive mode and use the explorer on the computer to browse the folders on my htc?

2. Talking about the htc sync program, I couldn't connect to the computer via bluetooth and htc sync software. Is there a way to do this or can you only sync using usb cable?

Thanks for the help:D

Advertisement
  2. TEK-WARRIOR

TEK-WARRIOR Member

Hi Delta007bhd, go to the market and download (astro file manager) its the best file manager app out there, i have it on my DESIRE and my daughter has it on her WILDFIRE.:D

venkidwaraka likes this.
  3. Delta007bhd

Thanks TEK-WARRIOR;)

So in other words it's normal that I didn't find a file explorer pre-installed on my device and I'll have to download and install one if I want one? I was just surprised because my previous phone had windows mobile and since I'm new to Android I was surprised I couldn't find anything at all with which I can browse the folders of my phone.

Any idea if it's possible to use HTC Sync via Bluetooth?

Thanks

4. ymmij23

ymmij23 New Member

I use Astro. Try that!

5. Delta007bhd

ok thanks all for the help.:D

About the HTC Sync via bluetooth, I contacted htc support and they say it's not possible in Android to sync via bluetooth. So the only way is with the usb cable:(

6. venkidwaraka

venkidwaraka Member

I downloaded Astro file explorer. Nice app to learn the directory structure as well. It exposes all files and folders.

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Astro is good. Also, if you download the SMB module and connect to your home network via wifi, you can add your local network and browse that on the handset too.

8. Delta007bhd

Great, another useful tip;) Thx

9. Leijonberg

Leijonberg Member

I use ES File Manager, but haven't tried Astro... I think it's really good, you can browse network drives, share through samba and even over bluetooth. Nice app that :)

jalebian likes this.