No Free Phone SpaceSupport

Last Updated:

1. robobobo

robobobo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

my phone storage on my HTC Desire seems to be permanently full up, I know there's things like the internet cache and contacts that are growing all the time but I should still have enough room for other stuff

I've installed and moved all apps to my sd card, i only have 35 or so and there all fairly small little apps but i use them all.

Yet im always getting the phone is running low on memory message, so i cant install anything from the app store. Thing is I still have 11.55 mb of phone memory but I feel i should have loads more, there's only really a few things taking up memory from what i can see in my apps because everything else is on my sd card

Contacts Storage: 17.34mb
    Flash Player 10.1 : 12.39mb
    Maps ; 7.75mb
    Swype: 5.96mb
    Facebook: 3.80mb
    Voice Search: 2.57mb
    HTC Sense : 2.30mb
    Internet : 2.39mb

Everything else is all really under 1mb

Any ideas, is there some other files or something lurking on my phone memory that shouldn't be there?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Have you rebooted? It may give you a more accurate reading if you haven't rebooted since moving everything to your sd card.

3. robobobo

robobobo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yes i have done so several times, i moved everything a while ago, when froyo came out

4. jugger

jugger New Member

I dont know if this is related, but my htc Legend is acting up on the contacts. Right now i have 36 mb of space occupied on my internal by contacts informastion. The last time i had to wipe down all my contact information it was over 50 Mb , anyone else experienced this kind of problem?

I think that this has something to do with facebook, and multiple contacts being stored on the phone..

Does anyone have a fix for this?

5. sam9s

sam9s Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same problem ...

I have rooted desire 2.2 and have moved as much apps to SD card as the OS allowed, but I still am running shot of internal storage. I got like 30MB of apps that couldnt be moved to SD. Assuming 50MB is used for the "other" stuff I still should be lef with atleast 70-80 Mb, but all I have is 15MB free :( ........ still looking for a solution .....

6. kekil

kekil Member

I have the same problem as sam9s and jugger.

All of a sudden my contacts were up to 20 MB an hour ago. Now it's up to 30 MB! My phone is also heating up .. I'm assuming it's related.

I'm on a HTC Hero, rooted with Fresh 2.4. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that this week I installed the official Twitter and Facebook apps which do some contacts syncing. This only started happening in the last 24 hours.

Did you guys find a solution?

7. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Clearing the cache and data from apps like Twitter and Facebook will free up a fairly decent amount of space. :)

8. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member

I noticed the following.

Had a decent amount of space, say 20mb+

Installed Google earth, and space went down to 6mb.

Moved Google earth to SD.

Space only went up to 11mb, despite the app being 20mb + in size.

So, either moving the app to SD doesn't work properly, or when you move the app it leaves junk behind.

9. beyond

beyond Well-Known Member

i'm not sure the contact memory usage should be that high unless you've got 1000s of name and pictures to each of them. i've got about 400-500 contacts and it only reads 5-6mb.

things like voice search and internet you can pretty much clear the cache though unless you need the search history etc. clearing data is a different thing, depends on each app what you could be deleting.

10. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

When moving an app to the SD card it does leave some of it behind - possibly the dalvik cache?

11. cullotecasser

cullotecasser New Member

hello, i have an htc desire, rooted.

I am noticing alot of people saying they have 20mb or max 50mb of storage from their contacts. Mine is over 100mb!! I have no idea why?? i dont have thousands of contacts just the normal amount. Due to this my phone keeps on telling me I have low storage on the phone side and it has started to affect other apps such as Gmail and Facebook, not letting them to sync since there is no memory left on the phone.

I have tried everything. Moving all other apps to SD, cleared cache on FB and many other apps (not contacts since that would remove my contacts) and still no help.

Please can someone help as this is truly affecting my phone and am feeling stuck.

Thanks for your time.

12. yenrod

yenrod Well-Known Member

The APP needs some kind of prog., on the fone, to run tho' the majority is on the SD card.

13. Ugoogle

Ugoogle Member

Did you solve the issue above? I have the exact same problem, and I suspect gmail is not syncing for that reason.. I only have a few apps on the phone and they should be few MBs, not the full phone memory!!

Thanks

14. spile

spile Well-Known Member