No further OS updates for ThrillSupport

1. CogentCoder

CogentCoder New Member

FYI per my phone call with LG support the Thrill will never be supported on any higher OS than gingerbread. Hopefully he didn't know what he was talking about.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Optimus 3D is scheduled to receive it in the third quarter sometime. I'm hoping it'll reach us by December 31, 2012.
  3. CogentCoder

CogentCoder New Member

That would be wonderful. Thank you for this information.

Scott
  4. djedgarftw

djedgarftw Well-Known Member

I don't get why though if the Optimus 3D is pretty much the same except radio frequencies.
  5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Because the O3D is the international version. We have a U.S. branded version which requires bloatware. This alone will cause the upgrade to stall longer.
  6. djedgarftw

djedgarftw Well-Known Member

True but the fact that it took lg like a year i think to release gb for the thrill after the Optimus 3D is got gb makes me think lg don't really care about it. And while the thrill still didn't get gb they were talking about ics for the Optimus 3D
  7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I believe it took the Thrill 5 or 6 months to get ginger after the OD3. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Optimus is suppose to get it in the 3rd qtr right?
  8. sportsinger75

sportsinger75 Active Member

Yeah, O3D is pegged for later this year, along with a slew of other LG international models. I love my Thrill and I'm using it on Straight Talk, but lets be honest, it should have come with Gingerbread upon release. It's a combination of bad software support from LG and apathy from AT&T. Look at the 3D Max for example, Its just now being released and its coming with Gingerbread...
  9. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

It will be another repeat from the Thrill now. Getting ICS way late. Besides. The only difference between the Max and the current thrill is a slightly better resolution and processor along with a thinner casing.