• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Gingerbread for the P500

Sent an email to LG Australia asking...

"hi - just wondering when android 2.3 will be released for my phone - thank"

got this reply on 11/2/11

"Thank you for emailing LG Electronics Australia and New Zealand Pty Ltd.

LG have no firm plans to released Android 2.3 Gingerbread for the LG P500 in the near future.

Should you have any further questions regarding your LG product, please do not hesitate to contact us either via email, or alternatively you can call the LG Customer Information Centre on 1300 542 273, which operates 7am �C 7pm AEST, 7 days per week for your convenience.

Yours Sincerely,

Peter Morton
Correspondence Officer"

:mad:

well - i sent it in via the LG website and i got the above reply from Peter Morton, whoever he is

i then sent in another email asking how they could not put 2.3 on the P500 despite their promises on facebook and other places and have not heard back - hence the post

maybe someone else who knows more than me could confirm or deny this from LG?

Upvote 0
You should probably post him the official statement LG made last year about Gingerbread, and see what they say. Sometimes the different departments do not communicate with each other much, and this is why you might get a no from AU, yes in Japan, and maybe in US. lol

On LG's official Italian facebook page it says this: Hello, we confirm that the upgrade to Gingerbread Optimus One is in progress. We will keep you informed on any news. See you soon!

This was posted 19 hours ago.

LG Life's Good | Facebook

I assume they're trying to figure out how to do this. Gingerbread is supposed to come with flash support, but our model isn't fast enough for flash. In other hand you have people who want the update with or without flash, and in other you will get complains from people who expected flash with the update, as Android promised. I suppose they might give us somekind of "lite" version of it.

Upvote 0
i think the 2.3 is out.. or not? i updated to 2.2.1 in December or January and 2 days ago i got a message that there is a new update available but when i tried to update i got an error (connection lost or something) and my phone didn't powered on so i toke it to a service. when i will get it back I'll post the version of android they installed (they seas that they will install the last version available).

sorry for my bad English, I'm correcting some words with the browser dictionary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones