• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Gmail App on Moto Droid 2.2 Update

NoGmailWTF

Lurker
Aug 19, 2010
I have been searching the internet like crazy and have found no one else with this problem so I'm really confused. I updated to 2.2 today on my Moto Droid (the first, original one) when I got the message on my phone from Verizon. It updated fine and everything works except I DO NOT HAVE THE GMAIL APP. If I clicked the icon it says "This app is not installed."

I tried rebooting several times. I wiped the data. Did a factory reset. I even downloaded the 2.2 update on my computer and manually updated my phone. Nothing has worked. Please, someone, help me.

Ok I managed to fix this.

First of all, the Gmail App isn't available in the market so I couldn't do that. Also, I did not have the Gmail App at all. It wasn't a missing shortcut or anything like that. The app just wasn't on my phone.

I took my phone into a Verizon store and they told me that apparently there were two over the air updates going around. One of them was bad and one of them was good. I just happened to get the bad update. They took my phone in and manually updated my phone to 2.2 and now it works just fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones